October 12, 2010

Spinach, Tofu and Sesame Stir-Fry

I never can press Tofu in a way that makes me satisfied. Here is the way I do it, but rarely does it not seem pretty waterlogged by the time I'm trying to get that nice brown coloring.
I've heard buying an actual tofu press is worth every penny--if this is true please let me know.

This recipe from the NYT is pretty straightforward, but by some freak accident we ended up with untoasted sesame seeds. I don't know if it was because of this or not, but they seemed pretty unnecessary to me. Otherwise, pretty good. I doubled the recipe so we could have left overs, as per the plan, which went fine except I didn't cook down the spinach in batches so it got dangerously over piled:


We ate it with Quinoa and then April had it warmed up in a pita for dinner the next day. Yum.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment